Monday, July 30, 2012

Vacation Reboot

Last week was mine and my husband's one year wedding anniversary. We were lucky enough to be able to spend it at Myrtle Beach while his band played a conference. It was a wonderful trip!

However, because we were on vacation, and away from home where my fridge and pantries were stocked with diet-friendly foods, I wasn't able to stick to my new diet/menu...at all.

I'm happy to say that, in most situations, I tried to choose the healthier option, but I didn't stick to my 1200 calorie a day goal, nor did I stick to my portion sizes that Vince wrote out for me.

That being said, I'm rebooting my six-week-plan.

Today is, yet again, day one of my six-week weight-loss plan. Back to measuring foods and choosing foods that will help my body get rid of excess fat.

On the plus side, because I'm restarting my diet, I got to weigh myself before the initial six week mark. After two weeks of this diet, plus just under a week of eating like I did before (not great, but not horribly either) I'd lost 5 pounds!


So, it's back to the carefully-planning-what-I-eat-grind. It's going to be totally worth it in six weeks when, maybe, I look closer to the way I've always wanted to look.

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed in your pictures that you seem to be melting away, you look great! I can definitely tell that Vince's meal plan and your exercise is working. :) I think you looked great before, but I understand your desire to be healthy as well. You are such a lovely lady, inside and out and I just love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Karen! You're too sweet! I don't know if I'm melting away, or if I just know how to choose camera angles (MySpace pics taught me well!). YOU are wonderful! And lovely, and I just love you!

      Delete